Program Assistant / Events Manager
Közép-Európai Egyetem ( CEU )
Program Assistant / Events Manager
School of Public Policy (SPP), Global Policy Academy
Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 20 July 2018.
Full Or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The School of Public Policy (SPP), Global Policy Academy at Central European University invites applications for a Program Assistant / Events Manager position.
About the Global Policy Academy at the CEU School of Public Policy
SPP’s Global Policy Academy (GPA) organizes academically rigorous and policy-relevant courses that are designed not so much as traditional training seminars but rather as hubs for sectoral dialogue and experience exchange. The Academy leverages the broad and deep expertise of SPP faculty to address the needs of policy professionals who wish to broaden their knowledge as they serve the public good. Participants from the public, private, and non-profit sectors enroll in GPA courses to gain relevant practice-oriented skills grounded in research-based knowledge. They also take advantage of the School’s global reach to grow and enrich their professional networks in an exceptional learning environment.
The Program Assistant/Events Manager reports to the GPA Director through GPA’s Senior Program Manager. S/he will be in charge of logistical and operational aspects of event, outreach (including website maintenance) and course organization. The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
Duties and responsibilities:
- plan and implement GPA events and courses, including managing venues, negotiating and booking travel, accommodation, catering, providing on-site logistics support;
- work closely with CEU’s legal, finance, HR and grants offices on contracts and financial operations;
- procurement in SAP, processing expenses and reimbursements;
- lead outreach and disseminate calls, draft news items and maintain GPA’s website;
- handle inquiries and provide continuous assistance to participants and instructors, especially in the area of visa procurement;
- maintain and develop relationships with various stakeholders;
- perform research support;
- perform general office management duties as required.
- university degree;
- minimum of two years of previous experience in administrative and/or events organization role;
- excellent knowledge of MS Office programs is required, especially MS Excel;
- excellent English language proficiency (Hungarian language skills are a plus, but not required).
The ideal candidate will:
- have previous experience in organizing/managing events and in working with administrative processes (including processing payments in the SAP system) in the public, non-profit, and/or private sector;
- excellent English-language drafting skills and experience in engaging audiences through social media feeds;
- be committed to supporting professional development programs within an academic setting;
- be deadline-oriented, highly organized, and able to prioritize tasks;
- show attention to detail, accuracy and possess an ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- be proactive and express a willingness to learn new skills and methods from others;
- take initiative and anticipate needs of stakeholders;
- exhibit strong problem-solving capacity;
- be a team player and show an ability to work with diverse individuals;
- adhere to a high professional code of conduct and be able to work with confidential information including personal data and sensitive feedback and communication.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year/s with the possibility of renewal.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
- Motivation letter
Please send your complete application package - including job code in subject line: 2018/069
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu
- Asszisztencia / Adminisztráció
Utoljára aktualizálva : 2018-07-16 15:34:58